It’s that time of the year again. The weather is getting colder, Christmas decorations are going up, and SilverFox Limos is taking you to see the Lights!!
Every year around this time we are fortunate to have some of the best Christmas Lights Displays in our area. These places include the Billy Graham Library, Tanglewood Park, McAdenville, NC, and Carolina Christmas at Charlotte Motor Speedway. A great way to see the lights is in one of SilverFox Limos beautiful vehicles.
We are able to accommodate any size group. This is perfect for families or groups of friends who want to enjoy the Christmas lights around town, but who don’t want to have the hassle of driving and parking. SilverFox Limos give you the opportunity to enjoy the lights with a group instead of having to take multiple vehicles. All of our chauffeurs are well experienced and know the best routes to take to get you to your destination. Holiday Lights tours and our Holiday Lights Packages make a great early Christmas gift.
For Monday – Thursday we are offering a 3 Hour Package which includes driver gratuity, all taxes and fees. The price does not include any applicable admission to see the lights. For Tanglewood Park please call for rates. Additional charges may apply for pickups outside of Charlotte city limits.
4 Passenger Towncar -$201.60
3 Passenger Equus Ultimate -$273.00
6 Passenger Chevy Suburban LTZ – $273.00
6 Passenger Cadillac Escalade ESV -$315.00
8-10 Passenger Black Lincoln Limo -$336.00
11-13 Passenger 2013 Mercedes Party Bus -$357.00
14 Passenger Mercedes Sprinter Van -$378.00
16-18 Passenger White Hummer Limo -$441.00
20-24 Passenger 2013 LGE Party Bus -$525.00
20-24 Passenger Mini Bus – $378.00
29 Passenger Mini Bus – $441.00
Christmas at the Billy Graham Library
Monday – Thursday, 9:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.*
Friday – Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.*
*Christmas activities begin 5:00 p.m.
Closed on Sundays.
$10 PARKING FEE PER VEHICLE AFTER 3PM
Phone: (704) 401-3200
- See a live Nativity that offers a glimpse into the wonder of the first Christmas. (Begins at 5:00 p.m.)
- Enjoy horse-drawn carriage rides* through beautiful light displays. (Begins at 5:00 p.m.)
- Have a beautiful color photo taken in a picturesque carriage. One pose per individual or group. It’s a great way to capture Christmas memories! (Begins at 5:00 p.m.)
- Hear heartwarming sounds of joyful carolers and festive Christmas music. (Begins at 5:00 p.m.)
- Don’t miss the Christmas story time for kids of all ages. (Begins 5:00 p.m.)
- Come early and pet the animals! (12:00–2:00 p.m.)
- Christmas shopping at Ruth’s Attic with unique and meaningful gifts including Exclusive Library ornaments. Holiday goodies, including Mother Graham’s pound cake, cinnamon rolls, hot apple cider and more on sale in the Dairy Bar.
- Tours of the Journey of Faith at the Billy Graham Library. (Reservations not taken after 2:30 p.m.)
- Christmas at the Library was named one of the Top 100 Events in the U.S. by the American Bus Association (ABA) and a Top 20 event by the Southeast Tourism Society.
- Every Thursday – Saturday, 6-8 p.m.
- $18.95 per adult, $8.95 per child (no charge for children under 3)
- Celebrate with a special evening of warm fellowship and a traditional Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. Dinner will be served just behind the Library in the BGEA Headquarters. Maximum of 300 people each evening on a first-come, first-served basis. Large groups (15 or more) can reserve space by calling 704-401-3200. Groups of more than 100 can also reserve private dinners Monday-Wednesday.
*Carriage rides: $3 for children 12 and under, $7 for adults.
To help you plan your visit, lines may be shorter earlier in the month. Click here for more info…http://www.billygrahamlibrary.org/pgview.aspx?pid=18&eid=7
Festival of Lights at Tanglewood Park
Join us for our 22nd season! Beginning Saturday, November 23, 2013 through Wednesday, January 1, 2014. Tanglewood Park’s rolling countryside will be transformed into a winter wonderland of giant, twinkling snowflakes and whimsical scenes! Tanglewood’s Festival of Lights continues to be one of the largest and most spectacular light shows in the entire southeast. This year, we have added more display scenes, as well as change out most of our existing bulbs to brighter LED lights for your enjoyment. We are so excited for you to join us this year in celebration of our 22nd anniversary! From storybook scenes to Holiday themes, over one hundred displays and over a million lights fill Tanglewood Park with the entire splendor and joy of the Holiday season.
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are very popular nights to visit the lights show. Because of this, long lines should be expected, and wait times sometimes exceed 2 hours. There will be several special events that encompass the Festival of Lights.
Operating Hours – The Festival of Lights is open nightly from 6:00 pm through 11:00 pm November 23, 2013 through Wednesday, January 1, 2014. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are very popular nights to visit the lights show. Because of this, long lines should be expected, and wait times sometimes exceed 2 hours. Please visit the Festival of Lights Mondays – Thursdays to avoid extended wait times. Thank you!
Rates – We only accept cash or checks as payment for entrance to the Festival of Lights.
Friday – Sunday and All Holidays (including Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve)
– Family: cars, vans and trucks: $15
– Commercial: vans, limos and mini-buses: $25
– Motorcoaches and buses: $90
Monday – Thursday (excluding Holidays and Holiday “Eves”)
– Family: cars, vans and trucks: $10
– Commercial: vans, limos and mini-buses: $20
– Motorcoaches and buses: $90
Click here for more information: http://www.forsyth.cc/Parks/Tanglewood/fol/index.html
Christmas Town USA – McAdenville, NC
The Lights glow nightly in McAdenville, NC. This years marks the 58th Annual of Christmas Town USA. The more than 375 trees which were decorated last year range in height from 6 feet to more than 90 feet. Only live trees are used. The number of lights on individual trees varies with the height, diameter and fullness of the trees. As few as 500 lights and as many as 5,000 lights may be used on one tree.
One of the favorite spots for viewers is the lake which is situated near the heart of town. Here are 33 trees, ranging in size from 12 to 40 feet, which ring the lake. The reflection of the lights in the water adds to the beauty of the scene. A fountain, located in the center of the lake, jets water 75 feet into the air. Lights shining on the fountain go through a sequence of red, green, blue and amber about once every ten seconds. At the lake, a 46 foot wide lighted image of Old Man Winter blows snowflakes into the air. While much emphasis has been placed on the lighting of trees, this represents only a portion of the effort that goes into the preparation for Christmas. The town residents play a big part as they decorate their doors in original styles according to their own personal feelings. This gives a special expression of “Best Wishes for a Merry Christmas” from the townspeople to their visitors. A life-size nativity scene and life-size figures of carolers, complete with music, add to the effect. More than 200 wreaths adorn lampposts throughout the town. Santa and his reindeer, a display that is nine feet tall and seventy feet long, are featured as part of the annual tradition.
Times are Monday – Friday from 5:30p to 9:30p and Saturday & Sunday from 5:30p to 11:00p.From Monday, December 2nd – Thursday, December 26th. Click here for more information www.mcadenville-christmastown.com/
Speedway Christmas at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Friday, November 22 – Monday, December 30, 2013
Charlotte Motor Speedway is excited to bring the holidays to life this winter season with the return of Speedway Christmas, a spectacular drive-through Christmas light park and village located at the legendary superspeedway.
Speedway Christmas is returning to Charlotte Motor Speedway and the spectacular holiday light show will be even bigger and better in its fourth year. With more than three million lights, an infield Christmas Village and the unique chance to drive the track, Speedway Christmas has become the area’s best new holiday tradition!Speedway Christmas kicks off Friday, Nov. 22 with the Egg Nog Jog, a 5K run through the elaborate light displays. Click here to register for the 5K.Opening night for the drive-thru course is Saturday, Nov. 23. Admission into Speedway Christmas is $20 per car. Group rates for vans and buses are available
Stay tuned for more information about movie nights and other holiday happenings at Speedway Christmas. Click here for more information http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/tickets/speedway_christmas/.